The flow of automation would be as follows:
VRealize Operations (vROps Ent) monitors infra and application> If there is a peak like increase in latency, # of transactions or page-views for example, vROps sends an SNMP trap to the vRealize Orchestrator (vRO)> vRO creates another node IIS via service published in vRealize Automation (vRA)> vRO places the IIS node in the NSX load balancing VIP.
VRealize Automation scale-out: http://theithollow.com/2016/10/06/scaling-vrealize-automation/
VRealize Orchestrator: http://www.vmware.com/products/vrealize-orchestrator.html
VRealize Operations Enterprise: http://www.vmware.com/products/vrealize-operations.html
The good news is that VMware makes all the above components available in a single suite, the vCloud Suite Enterprise + NSX add-on.
System Engineer VMware
- Applications must be STATELESS, ie it can not use session, memory or server disk. When this is necessary, the application must use a centralized disk or cache server.
- Every form that you post to the server must have the MachineKey controls (forms validation key) handled by the application itself, not depending on IIS for this. For example, a registration form was opened on server A and when the user had the form saved, server A is no longer online, the form must be saved on server B without returning error to the user.
- The application itself must control the processes themselves so as not to run the risk of the same process being invoked more than once on different servers, for example you start a process of processing a payroll, and at this point the server goes Stay slow, the user closes the browser, opens a new browser and starts the same process again, but this time on another server in the cluster, the application should handle so it does not happen.
- The authentication system must carry in each post and request a cookie with the identifier that will be compared in the application with a key stored in the database, not in IIS.
- If the application has file upload functionality, it should be done in centralized areas, for example a centralized folder, such as Videos, etc.
- The application should allow you to start a transaction process on one server and terminate on another server in the cluster, for example a shopping cart.
NFC Use Cases - Verifone Mobile Money
Docker persistent storage and stateful applications are the next front in the container wars, and Docker Inc. has just fired a major salvo with its acquisition of Infinit.
After version 4.1 (released in 2010), VMware renamed ESX to ESXi. ESXi replaces Service Console (a rudimentary operating system) with a more closely integrated OS. ESX/ESXi is the primary component in the VMware Infrastructure software suite."
Refer: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VMware_ESXi Mar/12/2016
Open source software for creating private and public clouds.
"OpenStack software controls large pools of compute, storage, and networking resources throughout a datacenter, managed through a dashboard or via the OpenStack API. OpenStack works with popular enterprise and open source technologies making it ideal for heterogeneous infrastructure.
Hundreds of the world’s largest brands rely on OpenStack to run their businesses every day, reducing costs and helping them move faster."
--- "lately I've been using appengine and heroku, I do not have much time to get configuring server"
The example below
In the DEV machine
A) Download the https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc749036(WS.10).aspx
B) Run c: \ util \ oscdimg.exe -u2 C: \ temp \ Publish \ ICLPKre.Web \ C: \ temp \ Publish \ ISO \ LPKCore.Web.iso
Set WindowsISO = "C: \ temp \ Publish \ ISO \ LPKCore.Web.iso"
C) powershell.exe "Mount-DiskImage% WindowsISO%"
D) powershell.exe "Dismount-DiskImage"% WindowsISO% ""